Bruce Worley, PT, M.Ed. – President
After receiving his degree in physical therapy from the University of Pennsylvania in 1969 and a Masters of Education from Springfield College in 1971, Mr. Worley has continued with extensive post-graduate education and experience in the fields of athletic training, orthopedic manual therapy, and orthotic training.
As past president of Hartford County Physical Therapy and New Frontiers Medical Associates, he has demonstrated his ability to be an innovator in the field of physical therapy, in both private practice and in industrial settings.
Stephen Worley, B.A. – CFO/Vice-President
The former Chief Executive Officer of a large manufacturing firm, he entered physical therapy in 1986 as the Vice President of New Frontiers Medical Associates, a company engaged in providing physical therapy to various industries in a region stretching from Connecticut to Florida. In 1990, he became Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Greater Hartford Physical Therapy.
At Greater Hartford Physical Therapy, Mr. Worley utilizes his proven ability as an administrator and financial advisor to ensure that the patient is given the highest quality care.
Kirsten Jones – Financial Manager
Mrs. Jones has been employed with GHPT since 1989. She began her employment in an entry-level position in the business office and in 1994 was appointed General Office Manager of GHPT. Throughout her employment, she has developed expertise in medical management software and accounts receivable management. Her knowledge in these areas, as well as her leadership skills led to her appointment in 2004 as Financial Manager of GHPT.
Joshua Hayes – PTA
Joshua graduated in 2017 from Naugatuck Valley Community College with an associates degree as a Physical Therapy Assistant and joined the LiveFit staff the same year. He enjoys employing a combination of manual therapy as well as therapeutic exercise to ensure the best possible outcomes for his patients.
Some of Josh’s interests and certifications include:
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Joint mobilization and mulligan techniques to increase mobility and decrease pain
- Post cancer rehabilitation
Halid Dervisevic, PTA
Halid Dervisevic graduated with his Doctor of Physical Therapy in 2013 and Bachelor of science degree in psychology and health science from Lebanon Valley College. He has been a member of the LiveFit team since 2017. Halid is a bilingual individual, fluent in Bosnian and English language with a aptitude in use of the Spanish language. As a therapist he takes a broad approach in patient treatments utilizing combination of exercises and various manual techniques in order to provide optimal benefits for his patients.
Some of Halid’s interests and certifications include:
- Post-operative treatment of orthopedic conditions
- Use of various taping techniques for muscle facilitation and inhibition, to decrease pain and promote function
- Individualized treatment of Parkinson disease with Big and Loud technique
- Experienced in working with lower extremity amputees
Matthew Maler- DPT,CSCS
Dr, Maler graduated from University of Connecticut with his Masters in 2005. He returned to Northeastern University to obtain his Doctorate in 2012. He has been a member of the Livefit team since 2008. He enjoys treating patients with a variety of musculoskeletal conditions and working to restore patients to their painfree level of function.
Some of Matt’s interests and certifications include:
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Post operative management of the knee, shoulder, hip, ankle, and spine
- Sport related injury and treatment
Jeffrey Lyman – PT
Jeffrey graduated from the University of Hartford with a degree in physical therapy in 2004. Jeffrey brings unique blend of traditional physical therapy and manual therapy techniques.
Some of Jeff’s interests and certifications include:
- Hands on techniques such as: myofascial release, cranio-sacral therapy and muscle energy techniques to optimize patient outcomes
- Diagnosis and treatment of cervicogenic headaches
- Diagnosis and treatment for rib disorders and spinal dysfunction
Deborah Terry – DC
Dr. Terry graduated from. With twenty years of experience, Dr. Terry excells in patient care, medical management, rehabilitation, preventative medicine, sports medicine, and neuromusculoskeletal therapy.
Some of Deborah’s interests and certifications include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of back and neck spinal injuries
- Manual joint and soft tissue mobilization techniques to decrease pain and improve function
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
Francesco Worley—DPT, EMR
Francesco graduated with his doctorate in physical therapy in 2014 and has been a member of the Livefit team since 2015. He enjoys working with post-operative patients as well as assisting athletes in improving performance and returning to the highest level of performance possible after orthopedic injuries and concussion.
Some of Francesco’s interests and certifications include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of sports related injuries
- Emergency Medical Responder Certification
- Orthotic fabrication and footwear analysis
Kylee Violette – PTA
Kylee graduated with her doctorate in physical therapy in 2009 and has been a member of the Livefit team since 2010. She enjoys taking a global approach to treatment, using a combination of exercise and hands on techniques to achieve the best possible outcome for her patients.
Some of Kylee’s interests and certifications include:
- Extensive education for work with women’s health and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Diagnosis and treatment of balance, dizziness and vestibular conditions
- Use of kinesiotaping to decrease pain and improve function
Chris Blake – MA, LATC, PTA
Chris graduated with his Master’s in sport biomechanics from UConn in 1998, gained his Bachelor’s degree in athletic training from Keene State and acquired his physical therapy assistant’s degree from Kent State in 2013. He has practiced as a licensed Athletic Trainer since 1995, and has been a member of the LiveFit Team since 2008. Over the course of his career, Chris has had the opportunity to work with professional athletes in both soccer and baseball and football, as well as numerous youth, high school, and collegiate athletes and organizations. He enjoys using these experiences and his expertise to promote the best possible outcomes for the patients he works with.
Some of Chris’s interests and certifications include:
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) certified
- Professional strength and conditioning coach
- Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Use of kinesiotaping to decrease pain and improve function
Richard Chavez – PTA, LMT
Richard graduated with a degree in Rehabilitation Counseling and Services Program from Springfield College in 1996 and gained his physical therapy assistants degree from Springfield Technical Community College in 2011. He has practiced as a licensed massage therapist since 1997, and has been a member of the Livefit team since 2006 while managing student clinical affiliations for the company. He enjoys using his extensive background in manual techniques to improve patient outcomes and promote a fit lifestyle.
Some of Richard’s interests and certifications include:
- Massage Therapy License
- Use of Muscle Energy Techniques to address movement disorders and pain
- Individualized manual techniques to promote mobility and decrease pain